Each year the Partners and staff at Burgess Hodgson have the opportunity to nominate a charity to benefit from our annual fundraising efforts.
Our chosen charity for 2016 is SNAAP (Special Needs Advisory & Activities Project) – http://www.snaap.org.uk/
SNAAP offers an extensive range of services to children with disabilities, aged from 0-19 years, in partnership with their parents. Services are designed to cover all of the child’s needs, including educational, social, developmental and emotional and include the whole family, not just the child.
We have an active charity committee in place who volunteer their time to help organise social activities and events, to help raise money for the charity.
Previous charities have included:
- Dave Lee’s Happy Holidays – raising funds to provide holidays and outings for the disabled, sick and underprivileged children of Kent and their immediate families.
- The Kent Air Ambulance – a healthcare provider working with the Ambulance Service
- Pilgrims Hospices – providing specialist hospice care for patients and families across East Kent.
- Demelza – Hospice Care for Children
- The East Kent Breast Cancer Mammography appeal – raising money for specialist hospital equipment to help detect breast cancer sooner
- St Nicholas School – a community day school providing education to children who have profound severe & complex learning difficulties.
- The Martha Trust – providing inclusive, lifelong care for people with profound physical and multiple learning disabilities.