Each year the Partners and staff at Burgess Hodgson have the opportunity to nominate a charity to benefit from our annual fundraising efforts.
Our chosen charity for 2017 is Canterbury Wheelchair Rugby – www.cantrugby.co.uk/wheelchair.htm
The emphasis of Wheelchair Rugby is on fun, excitement and inclusion, particularly for players with higher levels of impairment. Canterbury Wheelchair Rugby have an active squad who train every Wednesday and Sunday. Wheelchair Rugby is a mixed team sport for both male and female disabled athletes, and is open to anyone from the age of 12 interested in learning more about the game.
We have an active charity committee in place who volunteer their time to help organise social activities and events, to help raise money for the charity.
Previous charities have included:
- SNAAP – Special Needs Advisory & Activities Project – providing an extensive range of services to children with every kind of disability.
- Dave Lee’s Happy Holidays – raising funds to provide holidays and outings for the disabled, sick and underprivileged children of Kent and their immediate families.
- The Kent Air Ambulance – a healthcare provider working with the Ambulance Service
- Pilgrims Hospices – providing specialist hospice care for patients and families across East Kent.
- Demelza – Hospice Care for Children
- The East Kent Breast Cancer Mammography appeal – raising money for specialist hospital equipment to help detect breast cancer sooner
- St Nicholas School – a community day school providing education to children who have profound severe & complex learning difficulties.
- The Martha Trust – providing inclusive, lifelong care for people with profound physical and multiple learning disabilities.