At Burgess Hodgson we know that a business is only as successful as the quality of people it employs. We take our recruitment seriously, and always look to employ the highest calibre of individual, no matter what the position. We like to think that our people feel part of a team – and are rewarded for the critical roles they play in developing the business.
We are currently recruiting for ACA trainees.
Other current job opportunities are as follows:
Full time Personal Assistant and Administrator
We currently have an opportunity for a full-time Personal Assistant and Administrator to join our busy team.
The successful candidate will provide personal administration support to Partners and Senior Management to help them maximise their time efficiently.
You will have excellent organisational skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines is a must, as well as excellent attention to detail plus the ability to communicate confidently with a wide range of people at all levels.
Excellent verbal and written English is required for this role including a high level of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Organising and maintaining diaries. Arranging both internal and external meetings where appropriate and ensuring they run smoothly.
- Managing communications via e-mail/post/telephone etc., delegating/responding where appropriate.
- Organising travel arrangements, including transport, accommodation and restaurants.
- Carrying out background research and present findings clearly and professionally.
- Producing correspondence, presentations etc. to a high standard.
- Ensuring your Partners are fully prepared for meetings, including maintaining contact with their teams as appropriate.
- Liaising professionally with clients and contacts of all levels of seniority.
- Taking dictation when required and provide accurate Minutes/documents etc
- Providing cover and support for other Partners as and when required.
The preferred candidate will be an excellent team player, as well as being able to work independently and anticipate support requirements. Discretion should be shown at all times, and candidates must be able to remain calm under pressure whilst being able to prioritise a busy workload.
In return we will provide a fun and dynamic working environment in a growing accountancy firm, with opportunities for development in a rewarding career.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Angela West at Burgess Hodgson:
Closing date: 20th October 2017
Thank you for your interest – we will respond to all applicants within a week of the closing date.
Qualified Taxation Staff
Due to expansion of our client base, Burgess Hodgson is looking to recruit Qualified (CTA and/or ATT) taxation staff in personal, corporate and mixed fields.
We are a reputable Kent based, 15 partner firm with over 100 staff along with a very strong tax presence. Although situated in Canterbury, our quality client base not only covers the South East and London but also beyond.
Therefore, if you are looking to progress your career or would like to explore this exciting opportunity further we would be delighted to hear from you.
If you have any questions or would like to email your CV and cover letter, please contact Angela West:
Telephone: 01227 454627