Each year the Partners and staff at Burgess Hodgson have the opportunity to nominate a charity to benefit from our annual fundraising efforts.
This year at Burgess Hodgson we are pleased to be supporting the following three charities:
East Kent Independent Dementia Support – Supports those living with Dementia, their families and their carers in East Kent.
Kent Cancer Trust -Funds projects that seek to improve the treatment of Kent cancer patients.
The Canterbury Food Bank – A community project that provides emergency three-day food parcels to individuals and families in short term financial crisis across Canterbury, Whitstable, Herne Bay and surrounding villages.
We have an active charity committee in place who volunteer their time to help organise social activities and events, to help raise money for the charity.
Previous charities have included:
- Holding On Letting Go – A Kent-based charity that helps children to cope with the death of someone close to them.
- Kent Wildlife Trust – manages over 65 species-rich nature reserves around the county, as well as local wildlife sites and roadside nature reserves.
- Catching Lives – An independent charity aimed at supporting the rough sleepers, homeless and vulnerably housed in Canterbury and East Kent.
- The Canterbury and District Samaritans – a self-funding branch whose mission is to alleviate emotional distress and reduce the incidence of suicidal feelings and behaviour.
- The Canterbury Umbrella Centre– provides support to people with mental health problems.
- Canterbury Wheelchair Rugby – a wheelchair rugby club with a mixed team squad of both male and female players with higher levels of impairment.
- SNAAP – Special Needs Advisory & Activities Project – providing an extensive range of services to children with every kind of disability.
- Dave Lee’s Happy Holidays – raising funds to provide holidays and outings for the disabled, sick and underprivileged children of Kent and their immediate families.
- The Kent Air Ambulance – a healthcare provider working with the Ambulance Service
- Pilgrims Hospices – providing specialist hospice care for patients and families across East Kent.
- Demelza – Hospice Care for Children
- The East Kent Breast Cancer Mammography appeal – raising money for specialist hospital equipment to help detect breast cancer sooner
- St Nicholas School – a community day school providing education to children who have profound severe & complex learning difficulties.
- The Martha Trust – providing inclusive, lifelong care for people with profound physical and multiple learning disabilities.