The current system is that capital gains tax (CGT) is payable on residential property in line with normal income tax payment dates. This can mean that any CGT due is paid up to 21 months from the date of the transaction. From 2020 #HMRC propose to collect a payment on account of the CGT within 30 days of the transaction.Read More
‘Tax Gap’ is the difference between what HMRC thinks the total tax collected should be and what is actually collected
Up from £32bn in 2015/16
The expected tax collection is calculated based on estimated levels of economic activity
Tax Gap due to criminal activity, tax evasion and errors.
Watching the #WorldCup at work can boost productivity and morale. Have you organised a screening for monday’s England match?
Learn more about the Burgess Hodgson community:
While we all want to relish in the excitement of an England match, it’s still important to maintain productivity at work! Read more from #ACAS to find out how to deal with #WorldCup sickness leave. Click here to find out more from ACAS
#BurgessHodgsonheretohelp #FIFARead More
- The EMI scheme was effectively withdrawn from April 2018 as EU State Aid approval had expired.
- On 15 May 2018 the State Aid approval was reinstated by the EU.
- The EMI scheme now continues as it was pre 5 April 2018
- EMI schemes are tax-advantaged HMRC approved share option schemes
- Very useful for growth companies looking at long term incentive plans for employees.
You will be aware that the new data protection obligations became effective from 25 May 2018.
As a payroll service provider, we handle daily confidential personal information for you and your employees.
As part of the secure exchange of private data between us, we are pleased to announce that we have launched a new client portal, ‘MyePayWindow’, which is available to all clients using epayslips. This means the days of emailing or posting payslips, P60’s, payroll reports and payroll spreadsheets have gone and the new, secure, GDPR compliant ‘MyePayWindow’ portal will allow for this information to be shared between both parties at the touch of a button. The portal also allows for employees to reset epayslip PIN numbers automatically. You will also be able to provide payroll data through the portal.Read More
Engenie, a London-based company specialising in electric vehicle (EV) rapid charging, has received a substantial capital investment from Investec, which will allow the business to reach its network target of 1,500 rapid chargers across the UK.
Engenie’s innovative and market-leading technology can charge a car in less than 30 minutes, which will fall to 10 minutes with the introduction of ultra-rapid chargers. Current rapid chargers are up to 16 times faster than standard points, helping to make EVs more practical for UK drivers.Read More
Making Tax Digital (MTD) is the most fundamental change to the administration of the tax system for at least 20 years. This change might seem daunting, but we’ve compiled everything you need to know so your journey into digital tax recording is as easy going as possible.
• Paper records will no longer be sufficient. Almost all businesses and landlords will now be legally required to use digital software or a spreadsheet to keep accounting records.
• Accounting records will be required to be submitted to HMRC directly from accounting software within one month of the end of each quarter.