Posted: 17 March 2021
If you trade goods with the EU or Northern Ireland and have been affected by the border changes since the UK left the EU, £2,000 grants are now available to assist your business. These are intended to help SMEs get up to speed with the new procedures by getting the training or professional advice needed to continue operations. (more…)Read More
If you need help with your tax or have any questions please get in touch with our tax team at firstname.lastname@example.orgRead More
HMRC will be carrying out pre-verification checks on individuals who started self-employment in 2019/20 and may be eligible to claim the 4th grant under the Self Employed Income Support Scheme (SEISS).
Read and download more information here: Fourth SEISS Grant.
If you have any questions, please contact your personal tax advisor within Burgess Hodgson or email: email@example.comRead More
New legislation introduced means that any UK resident selling an interest in residential property which gives rise to a tax liability will have to submit a new Capital Gains Tax Return.
Read more here: Important Tax Update- Land Disposal Returns 2021
If you are unsure or would like to discuss a potential tax charge, please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgRead More
Some key points on electric vehicles:
- A 2% benefit-in-kind rate will apply to fully electric cars from 2022-23 until 2024-25.
- Salary sacrifice anti-avoidance legislation does not apply to low CO2 emission cars.
- The installation of a charging point at an employee’s home may result in a taxable benefit.
- Government’s “plug-in” financial grant designed to encourage the purchase of electric cars in the UK (conditions apply).
- From 6/4/21 there is zero van benefit charge for e’ees for drive fully electric vans and use them privately.
- Hybrid company cars benefit determined by CO2 emissions, electric range, and date of registration.
For more information or advice please contact us at email@example.comRead More
Posted: 04 March 2021
Chancellor Rishi Sunak presented his second Budget to the House of Commons yesterday (3 March 2021). Burgess Hodgson Budget Summary reports on the key announcements and recent measures most likely to affect your business and personal finances.
Watch our knowledgeable panel of experts answer your questions on the budget here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sed2n6E_Dg
For further advice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our knowledgeable panel of experts for discussion on the budget and your questions answered.
Thursday 4th March 2021 at 10am
Register on Zoom here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_vorzMH1JTMOHECOJbSJ8kg
Please email email@example.com if you would like any more information or to submit a question.Read More
Last updated on March 8th, 2021 at 02:23 pm
posted: 04 February 2021
VAT Domestic Reverse Charge For Builders will be effective from 1 March 2021.
To be eligible all of the following need to apply:
- The work is subject to CIS and both the subcontractor and contractor are registered for CIS
- The subcontractor is VAT registered
- The contractor is VAT registered
- The work is subject to the standard rate or reduced rate of VAT
- The work relates to the onward supply of construction services