Posted: March 5, 2021
Some key points on electric vehicles:
- A 2% benefit-in-kind rate will apply to fully electric cars from 2022-23 until 2024-25.
- Salary sacrifice anti-avoidance legislation does not apply to low CO2 emission cars.
- The installation of a charging point at an employee’s home may result in a taxable benefit.
- Government’s “plug-in” financial grant designed to encourage the purchase of electric cars in the UK (conditions apply).
- From 6/4/21 there is zero van benefit charge for e’ees for drive fully electric vans and use them privately.
- Hybrid company cars benefit determined by CO2 emissions, electric range, and date of registration.
For more information or advice please contact us at email@example.com