Last updated on November 4th, 2021 at 10:17 am
Here at Burgess Hodgson, we are here to help farmers and agriculture businesses add value to their businesses and tackle compliance issues. We can offer a unique understanding of and expertise in agriculture and rural ventures, including livestock, dairy, arable and top fruit, viticulture, and other commercial organisations and agribusinesses.
Agriculture is a unique sector due to the fact it revolves around living produce, whether that is livestock or crops and your land is your livelihood. This can make issues such as costs, revenues, liabilities, and tax more complex. We are dedicated to offering help and advice so our clients can grow and our accountants bring experience from a variety of sectors to offer seamless and efficient accountancy services.
We can offer a whole range of accountancy services including:
- VAT advice
- Capital Gains Tax planning
- Financial forecasting
- Preparation of annual accounts and statutory audit
- Succession & exit planning
- Inheritance Tax and Business Property Relief planning
- Plant & Machinery Capital Allowance claims
- Specialised audit reports
- Taxation and VAT planning for potential development
Specific Advice for Farmers, Landowners & Agribusinesses
We are committed to working closely with our clients so we can offer them tailored and constructive advice. Whether you own and run a landed estate or run an equestrian business, we can assist with a range of finance and accountancy services, so we can help you achieve your business goals. We can take time to understand you, your business, and your assets to ensure you get the best financial assistance.
With a team of 150 staff under one roof, Burgess Hodgson is well-placed to offer seamless advice.
A full range of agriculture accountancy service
- Gain confidence by being supported by a knowledgeable team who will stay on top of sector developments, so we can pro-actively meet your individual needs and inform you of any issues that may affect you.
- We offer fresh, tailored, and constructive accountancy and taxation services to help you meet the challenges of your business.
- We treat every client and their business as one which is unique so we can deliver practical and helpful advice and find innovative ways to grow your business and protect it in the future.