Last updated on July 2nd, 2021 at 08:54 am
Here at Burgess Hodgson, we offer a diverse range of accountancy services for the charity and not-for-profit sector, so your organisation operates efficiently in this complex and competitive sector. Our clients range from start-ups and well-established charitable organisations to membership organisations, independent schools, and academies. We invest time getting to know our clients so that we can offer genuinely tailored advice and support.
The charity and not-for-profit sector is constantly changing, which is why using an accountancy service that specialises in this area is so important. Our accountants can offer advice and strategic support in the key areas of accountancy, tax, audits, and corporate finance. What your stage of development or size, we can offer you the assistance that you need.
We can undertake a wide range of specialist accountancy services:
- Statutory accounts preparation
- External and internal audits
- Accounting systems and management reporting
- Trustee training
- Tax and VAT compliance
- Financial reporting
- Reducing tax liabilities
- Risk reviews
- Mergers and collaborations
- Gift aid audits
Specialist accountants for charities and not-for-profit
The charity and not-for-profit sectors are under increasing regulatory pressures and legislative changes. Our team is pro-active, staying abreast of sector changes and development, and is always on hand to offer advice.
Our accounting team can prepare your accounts in accordance with the accounting framework for charities, known as charities SORP, adapting them to meet ever-changing guidance. All deadlines will always be met and we will ensure you are kept up-to-date with any new legislation that may affect your charity.
For all charities with outgoing or incoming resources of more than £25,000 a year, an independent examination is required. Our auditors can examine your accounts looking at areas of financial risk as part of the process and we can make recommendations to management or trustees with regards to minimising these risks. We will also look at ways you can improve financial reporting systems and other areas.
We can also advise around issues relating to VAT, such as VAT advice on fundraising, VAT reliefs that might be available to you, and when voluntary registration for VAT would be of benefit.
A full range of charity accountancy services
- We will get to know your organisation in detail, taking time from an initial consultation to understand your unique needs, so we can support you best.
- We offer a fresh and proactive approach with innovative accountancy and financial solutions tailored to your requirements.
- We have dedicated charity accountants and specialists in this area on our team and we pay strict attention to detail, where nothing is overlooked. Our team of over 150 accountants is committed to offering the best possible service to our clients across all sectors.