Property and construction is one of the most important yet complex UK industries. At Burgess Hodgson, we can provide specialist accountancy advice and support to clients in the property and construction industries. Our accountancy experts are well-placed to help you navigate the complexities of property and construction accounting, including the ever-changing regulations, tax implications, and business risks. We work on behalf of a wide and varied group of clients, who include investors, architects, property managers, building developers, managing and letting agents, landlords, and others with property portfolios.
We work with clients in both the residential and commercial and have detailed and extensive sector knowledge. We understand the day-to-day challenges faced by the construction industry, so we can offer clear, practical, and proactive advice. One of our specialist accountants will be able to offer valuable support and guidance and will be available to answer your questions and offer help at any time.
We can assist with:
- Capital gains planning
- Transactional tax planning
- Stamp duty land tax
- CIS advice
- Tax planning and compliance
- Service charge accounts and audit services
- Advising on VAT planning and compliance
- Managing cashflow
- Raising finance
- Processing payroll
- Business development
- Land remediation relief claims
- Non-resident landlord tax compliance
Accountants for the property and construction sectors
The construction industry can be complex; from cashflow issues to government policy, there can be many hurdles to consider. Our property and construction team will create bespoke solutions for you and offer up-to-date advice and expertise. From independent property investors to large construction companies, our accountancy services can look at any number of issues from profitability and structure to cash flow and tax planning. We are passionate about offering a service that best supports your business or project.
We can organise an initial meeting and will take time to gain a unique understanding of your organisation, so all our services can be tailored to your needs. We will not prepare and complete your accounts; we will look at the larger picture to help you make the right decisions for your business so you can plan carefully for the future.
Specialist construction accountancy services
- Here at Burgess Hodgson, we offer a personal and professional service focused on the individual needs of a client or business. We look at what they want to achieve in the short, medium, and long-term, so we can adjust our advice to suit. Whether you are letting out your family home or are a large construction company, we can assist.
- Our accountants will be available when you need us, even if it is outside of normal working hours. There will always be someone on hand to communicate with you.
- When it comes to accountancy, it can be filled with legal jargon and abbreviations. When we are talking with our clients, we like to keep it simple, so we can communicate the information they need in the shortest amount of time.